Thursday, October 27, 2011

Perspective

Just last week I had what I would consider a somehwhat serious health scare.  By Monday, I had gone to the doctor who agreed something was just not right and wrote me a script to have some tests done.  I did some crying and a lot of soul searching.  I had plans at the end of last week to head to NC for a college reunion and though I doubted if I wanted to go, I sucked it up and went.  I spent the week up to NC reflecting on my life - what I had accomplished, and what more I wanted to still accomplish.  I didn't see how a weekend in NC would fit in with scheduled tests the Monday after.

Once in NC surrounded by friends, my worries about this health scare and the coming up tests were diminished.  I felt my heart literally being lifted up and it is very true that a weekend away was just what I needed to renew my confidence and optimism that I would be ok.  Through conversations with others I discovered most of us have our challenges - some much worse and some better than mine.  And somehow all of this eased the worry.  And when I left NC, I felt more than ready to tackle any challenge this life was going to throw at me.

Luckily, my test results came back normal, though I do have to follow up with another appointment.  What I do know for certain is that my perspective changed over the course of the weekend - whether from the fresh air and sunshine, or the laughter and love of old friends, I will never be certain, but because of it, I am able to continue my favorite mantra: Life is Good!

No comments:

Post a Comment